Palm inhalation is the simple yet impactful act of receiving scent from your hands.
This aromatherapeutic technique is often employed as a transformative tool for self-soothing, as the sense of smell has a direct pathway to the limbic system, the part of our brain that governs emotion, memory, and motivation. The physical and psychological effects of inhalation — versus skin absorption – are nearly instant. In esoteric dialogue, the hands are an extension of the heart, so unlike a perfume that is often worn for the pleasure of others, palm inhalation is an authentic form of self-care.
1. Select a scent that supports your intention. We use Moon before bed, Sun when we need energy, and Earth to ground.
2. Apply 1-2 drops to the palm of your hands.
3. Rub hands together, activating the blend by way of the natural oils on your skin.
4. Cup palms in front of your face without making contact.
5. Inhale deeply.
6. Remove your hands to exhale freely.
7. Repeat as desired.
'Woman’s hands,' 1934, Karl Krüger.